Granny McCoy's Pumpkin Pie
- 3 cups cooked pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 well-beaten eggs
- 2 pie shells
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour into two deep, unbaked pie shells. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a knife comes out of the center clean.
Yield: 2 9-inch pies
Note: This recipe fills most standard pie shells to the brim! Be careful, or try to use really deep pie shells.
Source: McCoy, The Sabbats
Use for: Samhain
Go to my Main Page