- 20 ounces of frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk or light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 325º F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Combine corn and eggs in a bowl. Add in flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix it all together. Mix together the milk and butter, and mix into the larger mixture. Pour the whole thing into the dish and bake uncovered for an hour and fifteen minutes. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings
This is good warm, but it's just as yummy cold, cut in squares!
Source: DeeDee Stovel, Picnic
Use for: Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain
Go to my Main Page